Our ITT course starts in April 2023 and runs for the duration of the academic year. It is currently made up of 10 core-based training days, all delivered from a subject perspective, along with 6 additional subject-focused training days.
All our training currently takes place in central London and/or online.
By demonstrating that you have made good progress in all the curriculum areas, you will be awarded Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) at the end of the course.
You will be based in school and spend one day a week training with your cohort or online. Some of this will be self-directed study.
Our curriculum is taught in eleven areas, meeting the requirements of the CCF, in addition to striving to go beyond them, and is all underpinned by the Teachers Standards.
These 11 areas are:
- Evaluative Lesson Planning
- Evidence Informed
- Substantive and Disciplinary Knowledge
- How pupils Learn
- Adaptive Practices and Expertise
- Behaviour for Learning, Climate
- Pupil Progress
- Teacher as Professional
- Inclusion and Diversity
Our training year at e-Qualitas will support you to
- become a confident and creative English teacher who has sound knowledge and understanding of three core subject areas: reading, writing and oracy.
- develop your own English subject knowledge whilst developing your pedagogical knowledge of how to plan, teach and assess reading, writing and oracy.
- use critical thinking and reflection to be able to connect evidence with your English classroom practice.
- develop creative and imaginative English teachers who can plan and teach lessons suitable for all their students and who build a clear English teaching philosophy for their students and themselves.
Further we aspire to develop English teachers who are interested in literature, the place of English in the Arts and English beyond assessment.
Our intent is to produce teachers who are:
- Confident professionals who reflect habitually.
- Intellectually curious
- Innovative and adaptable
- Cognisant of the professional responsibilities of a teacher
- Aware of their part in creating an equality of experience for all pupils.
We use an online learning management system to support independent study and formative assessment, in addition to a subject specialist tutor from e-Qualitas who visits for a half day each half term.