There are four schools, in addition to Prince Albert, involved in our Schools Direct partnership. Three of these are part of the PACT: Heathfield Primary School , Highfield Junior and Infant School and Birchfield Primary School.
Heathfield is a vibrant and friendly 2-form entry school, which is approximately 1.5 miles from Prince Albert. Their expectations are high, both in work and behaviour and they do their utmost to ensure a world class education is given to each and every one of their children.
Highfield is a large, 4-form entry school. It is approximately 5 miles from Prince Albert and serves a highly diverse community. It is innovative in its approach to teaching and learning and has an incredibly friendly staff and atmosphere. The school has recently been graded as ‘good’ by Ofsted.
Birchfield is the newest school to join the trust and is a friendly 2-form entry school. It is approximately 1 mile from Prince Albert and is located in close proximity to the Trust Head Office. It is a vibrant and friendly school where relationships matter. The staff team are committed to providing children with a high quality curriculum and education in a caring and nurturing environment.
The PACT are also in partnership with Beeches Infant School in Great Barr, Birmingham (approximately 3.5 miles from Prince Albert).
The diverse group of schools in our partnership mean that students will be able to experience the full breadth of primary school life and work with a variety of communities across Birmingham, adding depth to their learning.
Key Features of the Placements:
- Trainees start on a 50% teaching commitment in term 1, increasing to 70% by term 3.
- 6-week second school placement; (usually undertaken in the second half of the Spring Term)
- Lesson Observations: 1 per week (minimum); Mentor meetings: 1 per week; 6 review points through the year
- Assignments: 2 x 4000 words: Contemporary, Creative and Innovative Practice in the Core Curriculum; Assessment of pupils’ work: purposes and practice
- Regular University tutor observations/visits to support schools and trainees’ development.
- Trainees complete reflective E-portfolio (Mahara)