There are five schools, in addition to Prince Albert, involved in our Schools Direct partnership. Four are PACT schools: Heathfield, Highfield, Birchfield and Sutton Park Primary.
Heathfield is a vibrant, friendly 2-form entry, which is approximately 1.5 miles from Prince Albert. Their expectations are high, both in work and behaviour and they do their utmost to ensure a world class education is given to each and every one of their children.
Highfield is 4-form entry and is approximately 5miles from Prince Albert and serves a highly diverse community. It is innovative in its approach to teaching and learning and has an incredibly friendly staff and atmosphere. The school has recently been graded as ‘good’ by Ofsted.
Birchfield joined the trust in 2018 and is a friendly 3-form entry . It is approximately 1 mile from Prince Albert and is located in close proximity to the Trust Head Office. It is a vibrant and friendly school where relationships matter. The staff team are committed to providing children with a high quality curriculum and education in a caring and nurturing environment.
Sutton Park Primary is the newest school to join the trust. It is located in Sutton Coldfield and is in close proximity to the trusts second head office base. The school hosts lots of outdoor space, including an outdoor gym for the children to play on.
Our diverse group of schools mean that students will be able to experience the full breadth of primary school life and work with a variety of communities across Birmingham, adding depth to their learning.
Placement key features:
- Trainees start on a 50% teaching commitment in term 1, increasing to 70% by term 3.
- 6-week second school placement; (usually undertaken in the second half of the Spring Term)
- Lesson Observations: 1 per week (minimum); Mentor meetings: 1 per week; 6 review points through the year
- Assignments: 5 across the year – titles are clarified upon commencement
- Regular University tutor observations/visits to support schools and trainees’ development.
- Trainees complete reflective E-portfolio