Ventrus is a dynamic and exciting group of schools that puts learning and people development at its core. We believe in investing in our staff to become great teachers who in turn provide the very best for the pupils in our care.
We are a large group of 15 primary schools and a large Community College situated across Devon. We offer a rich diversity of training settings from small rural village schools to large City schools, from South Brent near Plymouth, Exeter and surrounding area, Tiverton, Bickleigh, Sidbury, Hemyock and Barnstaple. We work closely with both Plymouth and Exeter University.
Ventrus Teaching School collaborates with a number of South West partner organisations with a proven track record of;
- excellent school to school support
- rich CPD
- leadership training for all career stages.
We have considerable expertise and success in ITT. Last year 100% of our students achieved QTS and secured teaching positions.
Our partner provider for our School Direct placements is Somerset SCITT, an OFSTED rated OUTSTANDING provider, with whom we have a long and established relationship of quality training.
Ventrus has developed strong and exciting school networks to support our early career teachers as well as provide leadership pathways to middle and senior posts, being committed to supporting our trainees beyond their PGCE year.
We pride ourselves on nurturing supportive and exciting pathways into teaching and knowing our students and individuals. We are a ‘can do’ organisation offering you the best start to your career into the best profession ever!
About the accredited body
Somerset SCITT’s partnership with the University of Worcester has grown and developed since 1997, providing high quality, local teacher training to benefit the education of young people across the Southwest.
In 2017 Somerset SCITT was awarded Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ (in all areas).
Our ethos is:
- To contribute to the quality and status of the teaching profession by training effective teachers
- To encourage trainees to explore their training as a basis for their continuing professional development.
- To help Trainees become familiar with a range of professional and educational issues by applying their growing knowledge and skills in a practical and supportive environment.