St Paul’s Caritas Christi Alliance Cluster
Welcome to the St Paul’s Caritas Christi Alliance Cluster and Newman University School Direct PGCE Programme. You will achieve Qualified Teacher Status and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education, including Master’s level credits from Newman University, an outstanding Higher Education provider. The PGCE is internationally recognised, and portable. By training with us, you will work with experienced, expert professionals from our cluster of school providers.
The programme will prepare you fully for the practical demands of teaching, learning from experienced outstanding teachers and immediately put your new skills into practice.
Training sessions are held at Newman University on a calendared programme on ten Fridays throughout the Autumn and Spring terms.
Modules Module Descriptions
PGP701 Contemporary, Creative and Innovative Practice in the Core Curriculum (Level 7 – Primary Masters)
PGP702 Processes, application and influence of assessment practices on teaching and learning (Level 7 – Primary Masters)
PG723P Processes, application and influence of assessment practices on teaching and learning (Level 7 – EYFS Masters)
PXP601 Professional Development: Building on Strengths
PXP602 Professional Development: Developing Skills in an Alternative setting
PXP603 Professional Development: Final Professional Development and Experience
The staff will enable you to develop your practice over the course of the year in the following phases of your Learning Journey:
- Exploring Core Practice
- Establishing Core Practice
- Demonstrating Core Practice
- Developing Stronger Practice
- Demonstrating and Evidencing Wider Practice
Feedback on Assignments: The University tutors provide written formal feedback which will identify the strengths of the academic piece and also provide trainees with actions for future work.
- Build your confidence and gain practical teaching experience in contrasting schools.
- Learn about the latest curriculum developments, issues and innovations.
- Deepen your understanding of teaching, and learn about the opportunities for continued professional development and the relationship between educators and society.