Why train with us?
We aim to provide a programme which has at its heart 3 main objectives.
It is a programme which is:
* Highly professional
* Of consistent high quality
* Personal to you
Developed in conjunction with Oxford Brookes University, the programme covers a range of activities relating to important educational issues and practical classroom strategies.
Every part of it aims to prepare you to become the best teacher possible. Immersion into the life of a teacher and daily exposure to outstanding practice ensures you have the best possible opportunity to reach your full potential.
We are looking for trainees who display the potential to become outstanding teachers of the future.
As one of our trainees, you are attached to one “host” school for much of the year. This makes it possible for you to get to know the school’s teachers and pupils really well and to understand its policies and practice.
You’ll be part of a team from the very start, receiving intensive support from experienced teachers and mentors, becoming an expert in teaching maths to primary age children and developing skills to inspire them to overcome barriers, solve problems, and elevate their enthusiasm for the subject
The core training package provides:
- a main placement in one of our partner primary schools
- a second placement of 6 weeks in a contrasting school
- a secondary cross phase placement in one of our linked secondary schools
- the possibility of experience in a special setting such as a Pupil Referral Unit
Training modules will cover:
- motivating and engaging learners
- creative lesson planning and design
- behaviour management
- assessment for learning
- special educational needs and disabilities
- subject knowledge and primary curriculum development
- inclusion and differentiation
- understanding school data and its use in the classroom
- attachment theory and working with children
- working with parents/carers
- safeguarding and Child Protection
Assessment is through a combination of written academic assignments and successful completion of two teaching placements with classroom practice observation and feedback from your mentor and tutor.
Training sessions take place in schools within our partnership. Some PGCE sessions may be held at Oxford Brookes University.
Past trainees have commented..
“All the schools are excellent nurturing supportive environments and training staff are engaging and informative; crucially the majority are senior leaders…their expertise is up to date and hands on.”