KITE (formerly KTSA) brings together outstanding providers from all educational phases.
We can offer you the benefits of an experienced and supportive organisation, recently designated as one of 87 new national Teaching School Hubs, recognised for their excellence in providing ITT, Early Career support, Leadership Development and CPD. We are also a designated Associate Research School. We draw upon this expertise to deliver high quality training and support.
- Schools experienced in delivering ITT, who have a passion for
supporting new entrants into the profession.
- a friendly, supportive organisation.
You will be part of an organisation that supports schools, trains future leaders, and engages in research. This opens further opportunities to widen our ITT School Direct trainees’ experiences. Our ITT programmes are demanding but, there’s still time to enjoy Cornwall.
A unique 3 programme offer
- School Direct PGCE (non-salaried)
- 1 yr. programmes in Primary 3-7, Primary 5-11, Primary with SEND.
- An option to teach in a special school or APA.
Our pupils deserve the most talented and committed teachers, to help them to be the best they can be, this is where you come in.
We need you to:
* Be passionate about teaching
* Want to make difference
* Be success focussed when presented with the most vulnerable,
challenging and ultimately rewarding pupils
* Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, resilient, compassionate and
On completing your PGCE, SD programme, you gain credits towards your master’s degree. (You can continue later with OneCornwall TSH.)
About the accredited body
At Exeter we have over 165 years of experience in Education. We offer a wide range of Teacher Training and postgraduate programmes, and are recognised as one of the top Education research schools in the country.
- 6th in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent research in
Education and influencer of national education policy
- Ranked 3rd amongst university providers of initial teacher training in the
Good Teaching Training Guide 2017
- Recognised by Ofsted as an outstanding provider of Primary and
Secondary teacher education
- Top 125 in the world for Education