This course is available at the following schools. Please email the Teaching School with details of the schools that you are interested in when you apply, if they do not appear in the choices list:
Blessed Robert Widmerpool Catholic Voluntary Academy, Clifton
Holy Cross Primary Catholic Voluntary Academy, Hucknall
Our Lady & St Edward Primary & Nursery Catholic Voluntary Academy, Sneinton
Sacred Heart Primary, Carlton
Saint Margaret Clitherow, Nottingham
Saint Philip Neri with St Bede Catholic Voluntary Academy,
St Augustine’s Catholic Primary School, Mapperley
St Edmund Campion Catholic Primary School, Edwalton
St Patrick’s ,Mansfield
St Patrick’s Catholic Primary & Nursery School, Wilford
St Teresa’s CVA Primary School, Nottingham
Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, Bulwell
St Jospeh’s (Boughton)
St Joseph’s (Mansfield)
The Good Shepherd, Nottingham
- to gain practical teaching experience in contrasting schools
- to build confidence and help you reflect on your professional practice
- to become an authority on the latest curriculum development, issues and innovations
- to learn to manage pupils’ behaviour and maintain a purposeful learning environment
- to grow confidence in the latest technologies and develop multimedia resources
- to leave with the skills, knowledge and experience needed to begin your teaching career by taking three core modules.
Subject Studies: You will learn all aspects of how to teach your subject, including planning, teaching, assessment and classroom management.
Professional Studies: You will learn about working in classrooms and schools, and the broader context of teaching today.
Professional Practice: You will have opportunities for observation, practice and investigation in two contrasting schools.
Trainees will spend 4 days per week in school with 1 day per week being a training day at University.
Training days will take place at Nottingham Trent University.