Why train with us?
School Direct Trainee- 2014-2015
‘This course surpassed my expectations and I have no regrets about choosing the Schools Direct route; it has fully prepared me to begin teaching and me confident in my ability to do so. The Schools Direct route has offered extensive support both within the school and at university and has allowed me to experience every aspect of school life.’
Worcester has an excellent reputation locally, nationally and increasingly internationally and attributes its growing success to: Highly relevant, very professional courses Excellent, inspiring teaching A truly friendly, inclusive approach with excellent student support and outstanding record of graduate employment. Excellent partner schools.
School Direct External Examiner 2014-2015
‘The liaison between lead mentors, school-based staff and university staff (particularly the Programme Lead) is excellent, facilitating clear communication, QA processes and programme development. Staff and students were unanimous in their praise for the university-based staff, and in particular the SD Lead, in ensuring the success of this route into teaching’
School Direct Course features and Benefits.
- An inspiring school based immersion model of Initial Teacher Education underpinned by the Professional Teaching Standards Parts 1 and 2.
- You are part of the School community from Day 1, an early integration into school life.
- An innovative and creative teaching programme with a clear focus inclusion for all with the Early Years and National Curricula.
- Excellent student and academic support from the University Team including experts: in Phonics, Behaviour Management, SEND Sport and Disability.
- A personalised training programme that meets individual trainees and school needs.
- A programme underpinned by a clear focus on the theory of how children learn and the barriers that may affect them.
The School Direct route is underpinned by a coaching and mentoring model to ensure you receive the highest quality teacher training experience. Throughout your training you will have regular built in opportunities to observe and learn from outstanding teaching in a range of contexts.
Our partner schools include a range of settings from rural to inner city. You will practice teaching in at least two schools and across two key stages based on your entry pathway.
The course is designed with periods in University developing a Masters’ level understanding of the complex nature of teaching and learning, taught by expert University tutors and come together in peer group subject communities to reflect on your professional development.