This placement is at Potley Hill Primary School. At Potley Hill Primary School,we value each individual child and work with parents, the community and beyond to offer diverse experiences and support for pupils and families in a caring and safe environment. We develop children to be confident, life-long learners and compassionate, respectful members of their community and the world.
The 5 areas and the core elements of this are:
- Families – We work in partnership with our school community
- Teaching and Learning – We foster and develop life-long learning
- Inclusion – We effectively meet the individual needs of all of our pupils and families
- Health and Well-being – We support all children, families and staff to have a healthy mind and body
- Curriculum – We develop well rounded individuals by providing a range of diverse learning opportunities and experiences
The school is a well-organised, stimulating and secure learning environment in which children’s previous knowledge is challenged and enhanced, and where their best efforts are celebrated. In partnership with parents, we aim to prepare the children to cope with our continuously changing world, encouraging self-discipline and the ability to co-operate with others, whilst displaying tolerance, consideration and mutual respect.
The PGCE Primary programme runs from September to the beginning of July. The programme is organised, with a balance of school and university based training which will support you on your learning journey.
Whilst on the programme you will work in two different schools. In each placement you will work alongside experienced teachers and gradually assume more responsibility for planning and teaching as your training progresses. Throughout this process, you will be supported by school based mentors and a University tutor. Assessment is on-going and against the Teachers Standards.
The University based aspect of the programme comprises curriculum subjects and the wider professional role. We aim to develop the pedagogical and practical skills necessary to be an Outstanding teacher, as well enhancing subject knowledge.