Essex School Direct provides a very special, school based training experience in partnership with TES Institute who have a reputation for innovative on-line learning materials, especially in shortage subjects, with its Subject Knowledge Enhancement courses.
TES Institute, a leading teacher training provider and the newest member of the TES Global family, is delighted to be working in partnership with Passmores Co-operative Learning Community Trust and its partners to deliver School Direct initial teacher training (ITT).
Our salaried and unsalaried School Direct programmes are accredited by the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) and they provide a blend of online learning and in-school experience leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and an option to add a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
The PGCE is accredited by our partner University and is subject to annual review.
Essex School Direct Primary training programmes are run through two Partnerships. The Passmores Cooperative Learning Community (PCLC) in Harlow and the Chelmsford Learning Partnership (CLP), a multi-academy trust based in Springfield, Chelmsford. The schools within both PCLC and CLP believe that teaching is an exciting, challenging and rewarding profession. Their vision is to offer the highest standard of education for all, both in the local communities and beyond.
In Harlow, our Primary training programme centres around several schools, including Purford Green Primary School, Potter Street Academy and The Downs Primary School. In Chelmsford, our training programme centres around Barnes Farm Infant School, Barnes Farm Junior School, The Beaulieu Park School, Perryfields Infant School and The Tyrrells School.
In addition to the benefits offered by all our School Direct programmes, our Primary with Maths progamme offers specific Maths tasks to develop an understanding of how to teach Maths effectively including:
- Observing the teaching of Maths across all years in the Primary Phase
- An understanding of the roles and responsibility of a Maths Subject Leader
- Reflections on the pedagogy of Maths and how children learn
- A critical understanding of the developments in the Maths Curriculum
- Face to face sessions focusing on different areas of Maths, including Maths Mastery, Leading Maths in the Primary School, National Curriculum requirements, the planning of Maths and end of Key Stage expectations.