UCAS Provider number : 1N4
UCAS Course Code: W071
You will follow a school based course that leads to QTS, working with experienced teachers and guided by a mentor throughout.
The course content is individually tailored to ensure comprehensive coverage of the subject. You will initially carry out lesson observations and participate in team teaching sessions leading to opportunities for independent teaching.
Support on a 1-1 basis will be provided as well as in-house training sessions delivered by experienced school staff.
Your study includes participation in the distance learning resources on the eQ virtual learning environment (VLE) as well as attending training events run by e-Qualitas during the year usually in Central London.
The Virtual Learning Environment includes the following 6 modules:-
- Lesson Planning
- Behaviour Management
- Assessment – of pupils’ learning
- Meeting needs of different groups of pupils
- Wider context of teaching and learning Science
- Subject teaching i.e. bringing everything together and how to teach Science really effectively.
Your experience will be complemented by a placement of about 6 weeks in a different school within the Alliance, as well as other tailored and structured visits.
Your progress towards meeting the Teachers’ Standards is formally assessed at four points during the year:
- At the start of the course
- at the end of 10 working weeks
- at the end of 20 working weeks
- at the end of the training period
These assessments are carried out jointly by you as the student, by school staff, your mentor and eQ tutors. Your formal assignments are marked by eQ tutors.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who have the potential to become outstanding teachers, who are able to think and work independently on their studies who would enjoy and benefit from training in a school.
Your personal qualities should include
- A high level of personal motivation to want to become an outstanding teachers;
- Willingness to learn from experience and to receive and act on feedback
- An analytical mind to better understand and overcome challenges;
- A creative and imaginative outlook to apply different ways of teaching ;
- Ability to work hard as teaching is a demanding role;
- Perseverance for tough times;
- Good organisational skills; and
- A good understanding and liking of young people