Teaching is one of the most exciting, rewarding and challenging career choices and Barrow CEVC Primary School, which is a Lead School for Suffolk and Norfolk and the Cambridge Teaching Schools Network SCITTs, is proud of its contribution to the recruitment of high calibre teacher trainees.
Barrow CEVC Primary School is an outstanding, one-form entry primary school; a vibrant learning community where excellence, equality and high expectations of all pupils are promoted within a strong Christian ethos. At Barrow, children are valued as individuals and teachers are passionately committed to their achievement and personal growth.
Barrow School CEVC Primary School offers a broad, balanced and academically rigorous curriculum for all learners. Teachers strive to craft a learning environment which nurtures pupils’ minds, bodies and souls to develop happy, healthy and well-rounded citizens of the world.
Children are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning; they are involved as far as possible in reviewing the way they learn and prompted to reflect on how they learn best. The school’s performance data is almost always above the national and county averages, sometimes significantly so.
Barrow CEVC is a provider of continuing professional development for teaching, learning and leadership in primary schools through ‘ConnectED’.
More information about the Initial Teacher Training providers with which Barrow CEVC Primary works can be found below.
About the accredited body
CTSN SCITT offers school-centred teacher training across the Eastern Region:
- All applicants are able to choose whether they attend the Core Training in Cambridge or Bury St Edmunds.
- There is a wide range of placement schools.
- Most trainees get jobs working in local schools.
- Course tutors are expert teachers, which means that our training is not only evidence-based, but also informed by current practice.
- Non salaried (tuition fee) routes lead to QTS plus PGCE, with the Anglia Ruskin University.
- Salaried routes are also available, leading to QTS.
Please see CTSN SCITT for more information.