Sherbourne Fields School
PGCE with QTS full time with salary
- Accredited body
- The University of Warwick
- Financial support
PGCE with QTS
A postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE) with qualified teacher status (QTS) will allow you to teach in state schools in England and may allow you to teach in other parts of the UK.
It may also allow you to teach overseas, though you should always check what qualifications are needed in the country you’d like to teach in.
Many PGCE courses include credits that count toward a Master’s degree.
- Course length
- 1 year
- Date you can apply from
- 13 October 2020
- Date course starts
- August 2021
About the course
We are looking for a trainee teacher who is committed to improving outcomes for children by continually striving to adapt provision and delivery to meet need, someone who will be prepared to self-reflect and work collaboratively with others to improve their practice to develop into an outstanding practitioner.
Our students are a credit to our school and bring with them a wide variety of needs, abilities, aspirations and behaviours; they provide both inspiration and challenge.
- Application forms are considered by both Woodfield School and the University of Warwick. The interview will consist of a formal interview
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
o high level interpersonal skills
o a realistic understanding of the pressures of the course and the profession
o some awareness the needs of its students
o organisational skills
o ability to remain calm when under pressure with a measured response to challenging events
o ability to listen to and act upon constructive advice and self-reflect to improve practice
How school placements work
Each trainee will have one placement during their School Direct year. Our school mentor will find a suitable placement on your behalf.
Complimentary School placements usually take place at one of our neighbouring schools. The average distance for each candidate to travel is approximately 2 miles.
Salary will be paid on the Unqualified Teacher Pay Scale along with 1 SEN point.
Financial support isn’t available for this course because it comes with a salary.
If you choose a course without a salary, you may be eligible for financial support while you study, including bursaries, scholarships and loans.
Financial support from the training provider
The successful applicant will be paid as an Unqualified Teacher on the Unqualified Teacher pay scale (UQT point 1 = £21,582, plus 1 SEN point at £2,270).
- A UK 2:2 Degree in English or similar
- A GCSE Grade C/5 in English
- A GCSE Grade C/4 in Mathematics
- Recognition that the job of the teacher is first and foremost that of teaching and that the understanding of the pedagogy of teaching and learning is fundamentally essential
- A solid knowledge of the academic subjects of English Language and English Literature, with full commitment to further developing this subject knowledge base
- An interest in and some understanding of special educational needs
- An interest in and some understanding of autism education
- Ability and willingness to self-reflect and work collaboratively with others to improve own performance
- Interested in involvement in the extra-curricular life of the school.
You cannot apply for this course because it currently has no vacancies. To find courses with vacancies, change your search settings to ‘Only courses with vacancies’.
Support and advice
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
Get support and advice about teaching
Register with Get Into Teaching, the Department for Education’s free support and advice service, for personalised guidance from teaching experts. They can help you to prepare your application, book school experience, and access exclusive teaching events. You can also call them free of charge on 0800 389 2500, or speak to an adviser using their online chat service, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.