Lindens Primary (35J5)

Qualified teacher status (QTS)

Accredited body
University of Wolverhampton
Financial support

Qualified teacher status (QTS) allows you to teach in state schools in England and may also allow you to teach in other parts of the UK.

It may also allow you to teach overseas, though you should always check what qualifications are needed in the country you’d like to teach in.

Age range
5 to 11
Course length
1 year
Date you can apply from
11 October 2022
Date course starts
September 2023


Course summary

The course is a 12 month course starting in September 2023. During the course you will have taught session at the University of Wolverhampton and 2 school placements within Linden’s alliance of schools - a range of schools that are outstanding and good. You will have experience throughout the primary range including key stage 1 and key stage 2 or nursery and key stage 1 You will also have experience in secondary - a range of days experience Each trainee has a tutor to support you achieve the Teachers’ Standards Lindens Teaching School is in partnership with the University of Wolverhampton - Gorway Road Campus You will gain the vast majority of your experience with the lead school and 6 weeks in the spring term at another partner school There is a gradual build up of days where you teach the class working towards whole class responsibility


School placements

2.5 terms in lead school - this will have been arranged prior to interview half-term in another school in another key stage

Entry requirements

Qualifications needed

An undergraduate degree, or equivalent.

Grade 4 (C) or above in English, maths and science, or equivalent qualification.

We’ll consider candidates with pending GCSEs.

We’ll consider candidates who need to take a GCSE equivalency test in English, maths or science.

Personal qualities

current primary experience / insight passion and enthusiasm school recommendation


The unqualified teachers’ pay scale will be used in discussion with the lead school Applicants need to have got their lead school to agree financial support before applying FULL TIME

Fees and financial support

About the training provider

We at Lindens Primary School offer 2 routes to teaching in a primary school: School Direct Tuition School direct Salaried

Both routes, on completion, award you QTS and you gain teaching experience in 2 Key Stages during the year-long course.

School Direct Salaried routes are funded by a school where you are likely to have worked or are working in a classroom assistant or support role. You spend 2.5 terms in a lead school and .5 term in a second school. The lead school funds your course and this needs to be agreed prior to application

School Direct Tuition routes cost £9250 and the route enables you to gain experience in 2 different school settings within Lindens and their partners.

Experience in school settings will provide insight into outstanding practice and knowledge of SEND, EAL and mastery of the curriculum

Assessment is through the Teachers’ Standards

You will have access to an Outstanding school and work within a vibrant community of learners and partner schools.

Please check Lindens school website for further details

Prior to commencing the course GSCE English, maths and science is required and degree 2:2 or above - previous school experience is desirable to support your application

About the accredited body

The University of Wolverhampton is our accrediting provider awarding QTS and PGCE and MA credits. It is a local provider geographically which will deliver subject-specific sessions during the year of training. The campus is based in Walsall and during the year you are expected to visit and train with the UoW staff. Salaried routes attend approx 30 days during the academic year Tuition routes attend during the Autumn and Spring Terms Both courses commence September All trainees are allocated a university tutor.

Interview process

Panel interview - a series of questions will be asked audit of English and maths

International candidates

You’ll need the right to work in the UK. You already have this if, for example, you:

  • are an Irish citizen
  • have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme (you may still be able to apply)
  • have indefinite leave to remain in the UK

If you do not already have the right to work in the UK for the duration of this course, you may need to apply for a Skilled Worker visa.

To do this, you’ll need to be sponsored by your employer.

Before you apply for this course, contact us to check Skilled Worker visa sponsorship is available. If it is, and you get a place on this course, we’ll help you apply for your visa.

Alternatively, check if you’re eligible for a different type of visa, such as a Graduate or Family visa, that allows you to train to be a teacher without being sponsored.

Find out more about training to teach in England.

International qualifications

If your qualifications come from a non-UK institution, we may want to see a ‘statement of comparability’ from UK ENIC. This will show us how they compare to UK qualifications.

You can call Get Into Teaching on 0800 389 2500 for:

  • guidance on the UK equivalents of your qualifications
  • a free statement of comparability once you’ve submitted your application (if we ask you for this)

Training with disabilities and other needs

We at Lindens pride ourselves on our inclusive practice and policy

Within the lead school we have an inclusion unit which as a trainee you will have access

We welcome all applicants to apply as we cater for all needs

Do not hesitate to contact the Director, Chris Randall, to discuss further

Contact this training provider

Lindens Primary School
Hundred Acre Road
West Midlands

Support and advice

You can speak to a teacher training adviser for free, dedicated advice. They are all experienced teachers who can give you one-to-one support with your application. They can also help you get school experience, and find events where you can speak to training providers and teachers.

Call Get Into Teaching free of charge on 0800 389 2500, or chat online Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm (except public holidays).

Is there something wrong with this page?

If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.